WOBO is pleased to remind Non-Governmental Organisations of the opportunity to make written submissions by 31st August 2022.
The Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) will hold consultations with organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC to discuss questions of interest to the Committee or to the organizations relating to the relationship between the NGOs and the United Nations in line with paragraph 61 (a) of ECOSOC resolution 1996/31. The consultations will take the form of written submissions and an interactive hearing which will be held in New York on 9 December 2022 from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
As part of the consultation process, all NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC are invited to submit their contributions and views on four key questions in the Concept Note ahead of the hearing by following the instructions below: Instructions for submission of of Written Inputs
- Use the name of your organization as the document’s name.
- The written submission should address the four questions outlined in the Concept Note.
- Your submission to each question should not exceed 500 words.
- To submit your written inputs, Log in to your NGO profile and under the “Correspondence tab” click on “New Message.” Attach the document to the email, and use “2022 Consultations with NGOs in consultative status-Written Submissions” as the email title/subject, and “Event/Meeting” as the category.
- Please note that we are not able to accept other formats such as PDF, jpeg, etc.
- Press “send”. Please note that your submission is final; you will not be able to edit your statement submission or send multiple versions.
- Kindly ensure that your written submission is finalized prior to sending the document.
The deadline for submitting written contributions is 31 August 2022.
Please refer to the Concept Note (in English) for further details.
Instructions on registering for participation at the Interactive Hearing will be made available in the coming weeks.
Your contribution is important!