BBA invites members and fellow professionals to participate.
The BBA invites you to check out what is happening in October as they cover the hot topic of Sustainability by discussing the North West Bicester Eco Town project with a number of people that are involved in the project itself.
The Eco Town Project – A Case Study in Sustainability
Date: 12th October 2021, 11:00 GMT
Duration: Approx. 45 mins
Emma Franklin – Certification Scientist @ BBA
Simon Horn – Technical Development Manager @ Stewart Milne Timber Systems
Lewis Knight – Programme Manager @ Bioregional
Steve Hornblow – Head of Special Projects (NW Bicester) @ A2 Dominion
What will be covered during this session;
• What makes a sustainable building?
• Why do BBA certified materials matter?
• North West Bicester Eco Town project (Case Study)
– Intro to the North West Bicester Eco Town project (Elmsbrook)
– Project sustainability: Design, Construction and user occupation
– The make-up of an eco-town – The products and sustainability
– Summary – Learnings and the future
• Q&A – Your own all-important Q&A’s
They will also take a deep dive into Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and take a look at how the BBA is looking to enhance their client offering via a Client Portal.