Sustainable development opportunities and action sessions!
Hosted during edie’s special Sustainable Develop Goals week, the Sustainable Development Action Sessions offer up an afternoon of live, interactive webinar presentations and discussions – all dedicated to giving businesses the tools, insights and knowledge to maximise their contribution to the Global Goals.
Taking place on 21 September from 12:30pm BST this online event combines three edie sessions into a single afternoon.
Hear from our expert speakers:
– Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
– Fiona Morgan, Chief Purpose Officer, Sail GP
– Rosie Festus, Brand Manager – Magnum, Unilever
– Brett Fleming-Jones, Group Marketing Director, phs Group
– Baishakhi Sengupta, ESG & Risk Manager, Procurement, Oxford Nanopore Technologies
– Dhruv Agarwal, Vice-President of Sustainability, Innovation & Development,
Kontoor Brands (Lee & Wrangler)Jamie Rusby, Sustainability Group Director, VELUX Group
– Ian Pyburn, Business Development Manager, IES
– Mike Hanson, Director of Sustainable Business, WSH
|SECURE YOUR PLACE|
Keynote: The race to 2030: Identifying which Goals require the most focus (12:30-12:45) Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, UN Global Compact
7 years left: Accelerating business action on the Global Goals (12:45-13:30) Discussion points:
• The race to 2030: Identifying which Goals require the most focus
• Spearheading the Just Transition within your business, and bringing stakeholders on the journey
• How can businesses achieve systemic change through collective and collaborative action?
• Understanding the most effective standards, systems and frameworks to measure progress
SDG deep dive: Goal-by-Goal case studies to achieve a people-and-planet-first future (13:45-14:45)Discussion points:
• Choosing which Goals and targets are most relevant to your business
• Integrating Goals and sub-targets with existing corporate strategies to accelerate action
• Addressing inequality and embedding social sustainability throughout your supply chain
• Understanding social data and using it to drive change inside and outside of your business
45-minute Masterclass: How to report and communicate progress against the SDGS (15:00-15:45)
• Exploring the recent changes to sustainability reporting frameworks through the lens of the Global Goals
• The most effective tools for measuring and reporting your impacts against the SDGs
How to take an integrated ESG and SDG reporting approach
• Communicating the Goals in ways which are meaningful and drive change to all stakeholders
Thursday 21st September • 12:30—16:00 (BST)