WOBO thanks Fire Safety Matters and SHP Daily for their news items.
MAYOR OF London Sadiq Khan has demanded “urgent action” from Housing Secretary Michael Gove as new figures show that the Government is “holding up the delivery of new homes in London” by leaving housebuilders “in the dark” about impending new fire safety requirements.
ACTONE HAS announced the launch of its new range of lithium battery fire extinguishers incorporating FIREBLOCK LITHIUM, which is described as a “revolutionary gel material” offering “unique performance” when it comes to tackling lithium battery fires.
THE BRITISH Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association (BAFSA) has boosted its fire sprinkler training offer with the introduction of a new online training centre that affords those working in the industry an opportunity to improve their skills in fire sprinkler inspection, design and installation.
What are the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning?
The NHS advises that symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include:
- Feeling sick or being sick
- Feeling weak
- Chest and muscle pain
- Shortness of breath.
The symptoms may come and go – they may worsen in an affected room or building and then get better when you leave or go outside.
Signs that carbon monoxide is present can include:
- Boiler pilot light flames burning orange instead of blue
- Sooty stains on or near appliances
- Excessive condensation in the room
- Coal or wood fires that burn slowly or go out.
If you think you might have carbon monoxide poisoning, stop using the appliance and open windows/doors to let fresh air in. Leave the affected building and get medical advice immediately.