WOBO as part of its extended initiatives for 2024 have elected to provide greater emphasis on training and development. This will include a selection of articles, power points and online activities in due course. Feel free to share this information with your contacts and encourage them to become members of WOBO and contribute to the creation and maintenance of a safe and secure built environment.
A Global Review of Building Codes
- Today, we view Building Codes as a comprehensive collection of regulations covering all aspects of construction including structural, mechanical, energy, electrical, plumbing, population density, spatial relationships, setback s, heights, areas and much more.
- However, as with many things, codes didn’t begin with a complex and intricate number of regulations.
- A building code is a set of rules that specify the standards for constructed objects such as buildings and non-building structures.
- Buildings must conform to the code to obtain planning permission, usually from a local council.
- The main purpose of building codes is to protect public health, safety and general welfare as they relate to the construction and occupancy of buildings and structure
- The practice of developing, approving, and enforcing building codes varies considerably among nations
- . In some countries building codes are developed by the government agencies or standards organizations.
- Codes are then enforced across the country by the central government.
For further information follow the link below;